The açaí berry. A healthy deliciousness.
A palm from the Brazilian rainforests produces small fruits which hang from a large bunch. The açaí berry, similar to wine grapes and of purplish red color, is a drupe, with a pit in the center and the pulp around it. The Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at the University of Florida (USA), recognized the açaí berry as a food beneficial for health, thanks to its numerous properties.
Nutritional value of 100 g of dried açaí berries:
• 534 calories
• 52 grams of carbohydrates consisting mainly of fibre (44.2 grams)
• 8 g of protein
• 32 g of essentially unsaturated fats
In addition, 260 mg of calcium, 4.4 mg of iron, 1002 U of vitamin A and small amounts of vitamin C, aspartic acid and glutamic acid and also 319 mg of anthocyanin and other antioxidants.
Why is it healthy?
• It has a strong anti-inflammatory property
• It fights the fragility of the capillaries and the formation of free radicals
• It helps to lower blood cholesterol
• It also reduces the feeling of hunger and helps boost your metabolism
Gel Matic and a thousand ideas to propose the açaí berry!
With Gel Matic it is easy to prepare açaí express gelato and milkshake preserving all the qualities, thanks to a complete range of machines that allow you to prepare and enjoy it in many ways, enriched with fruits and cereals or combined with other flavors.
Ice cream parlors, gyms, coffee bars and taverns can offer diverse choices, with the greatest simplicity.